CROSSING THE APENNINES – Adventure XC
9 – 14 June 2022
Crossing the Apennines is a real paragliding adventure in the ‘Wild heart of Italy’. The goal is the cross the Central Apennine mountains by flying, with the help of logistical support. We will start in the North of the Central Apennines, covering daily a distance between 50-80km to our next waypoint where we will sleep in an agriturismo or B&B, to end up after 5 days in the south of the Central Apennines. Pick you up will be foreseen between the waypoints. This makes it a perfect trip for different levels of XC pilots.
Depending on the weather forecast the route can be adapted in order to have the best flying conditions. The places we will cross are Monte Subasio, Poggio Bustone, Leonessa, l’Aquila and San Donato. The exact route will be revealed later.
The morning starts with a detailed meteo briefing, flight planning with waypoints, and analysis of the orography. During the flight, you will get coaching and guidance from Jo. He will show you the best route, give you tips and make sure you fly safely. In the evening we relax with some good Italian food and a de-briefing and analysis of the day.
It’s a nice experience to improve your XC skills and enjoy spectacular landscapes.
The cross-country adventure will run from the arrival date is on Sunday 9th of June and the departure date on 15 of June. Airport picks up from Rome can be arranged.
We will stay every day at a different location in an agriturismo or bed & breakfast.
- 5 days XC guidance and coaching
- Daily meteo briefing, task and site briefing
- De-briefing and analysis of the flight
- Theory of meteo, cross country flying and flight equipment
- Transport to flying sites and retrieval
- Airport pick-up (from Rome)
- Organization of the trip
- An cross country guide and driver
- Booking of your accommodation and car rental
- Thermal and intermediate XC skills
- Autonomous on take-off and landing
- Flying equipment
- Pilot license and insurance
The price is on request. Contact us for more information.