POGGIO BUSTONE – XC Courses and Guidance
You know how to thermal up to cloudbase but don’t know where to go next?
During this week the aim is to improve your cross country skills so you can enjoy longer airtime. You will get coaching in the air and on the ground about some of the following topics:
- Thermalling techniques for different conditions
- Meteo and reading the sky
- How to predict a good XC day
- Decision making – which line to choose to keep your gained altitude, where to search your next thermal
- Efficiency – Optimizing your flying time
- Set-up of your paragliding gear
The Apennine mountains are known to be a good school for cross country flying. Our base camp will be in Poggio Bustone because of it’s reliable weather conditions and epic flights over the ‘Wild Heart of Italy’. The site offers mountain or flatland flying, with many landing options in the valley. Besides the flying we want to offer you a great time with other pilots, enjoying the local Italian food and culture.
The day will start with a meteo briefing, flight planning and analyze of the orography.
During the flight you get guidance in the air over the radio so you can relax and focus on the flying.
After the flight we do a de-briefing and an analysis of your flight.
The course will run from Monday to Friday.
We will be staying in an agriturismo in the Valley of Rieti, close by the landing field.
The guidance can be in Italian, English, Spanish, Greek or French.
Interested? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 days XC guidance and coaching
- Daily meteo briefing, task and site briefing
- De-briefing and analysis of the flight
- Theory classes of meteo, cross country flying and flight equipment
- Transport to flying sites and retrieval
- Gear check
- Booking of your accommodation
- Paragliding license
- Liability insurance
- Accident insurance covering paragliding
- Experience level to safely take-off and land by yourself
- Basic thermal flying skills
- Flying gear.
The price for 5 days cross country guidance is 550€.
Excluded are accommodation and meals. Airport pick-up is possible at an extra charge, contact us for more details.